Username: Password:

Author Topic: Post Your Rig  (Read 171036 times)

Metal-Assmoney

• Flyweight
Post Your Rig
« on: June 20, 2007, 01:04:46 PM »
Ok, since we are all insanley obsessed with our sound, lets post pics of the rigs we use to get that sound. please elaborate as well, not just pics. Ill start

Gibson Flying V: Custom Re-Finish (self), BKP Warpigs, Concentric pots. This baby is my one and only. I have never loved another guitar like this one, and this muthaf*cka has my own blood in the finish. Cant get much more metal than that, can you?  :twisted:

With BKs: (Photo quality sucks. all i have is my camera phone)

With EMGs:

B-52 AT-100 Half Stack
-JJ High Gain Tubes, Goldpin in V1, Biased at 40ma/tube. Stock Cabinet.

Pedalboard-  Not much here, i made it out of a powerstrip, a spare hunk of wood, and some hobby lobby velcro.

--------------------------------------
Recording Stuff

Audix i-5. this thing is as much a part of my sound as my amp. i love this mic. great bass response, insane $%&#ing sound reproduction. durable as all hell too. can be a substitute for a hammer.

Presonus Firepods:
Awesome for recording best things i ever bought. they work insanley well for a home studio.

And a firebox, i got this before the pods, and kept it for portable use.

Cubase SL 3. use awesome program, i know it backwards and forewards. love it. not much to see, so enjoy the screenshot.

Drum mics. cheap $200 kit, but worth every penny. the tom/snare mics are mediocre, and the kick blows as a kick, but its one of the best floor tom mics ive ever heard, and the 2 overheads are worth the money alone. great sound production, i use them for very low volume recording of guitar cabs.

MXL 9000 Tube mic. pretty good for vocals, but truly excells at recording clean and acoustic guitars.

A couple of cheap MXL mics i bought when i first was getting into recording. The pencil mic is ok for high hats, but thats it cause it adds a metallic sound to anything you mic up with it. the barrel condenser mic served me well when i was recording some war sounds for my album, i hooked it to a laptop and the firebox and went nuts with a couple of my guns and dry ice bombs up in the mountains. haha.

and, the grand fanale of my whole setup...

a $%&#ing mess of cables. this is only about half of mine.

Transcend

Post Your Rig
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »
i see a boss mt-2 box hidden away there......

anyways will post my pics later as im at work now.

Nice rig.

How much did the amp rob you

oh yeah monster energy drink is awesome apart from how sweet it is

Metal-Assmoney

• Flyweight
Post Your Rig
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 01:15:54 PM »
yeah, i ditched the MT-2 over 2 years ago. sold it for $40.

funny you ask, the whole half stack was only $1200 (US), plus about 175 for the tubes. biased it myself, so that was free. in total ive spent somewhere around $8,000 in 3 years on music gear alone.

Transcend

Post Your Rig
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 01:19:18 PM »
a decent amp is my next purchase. So far im pretty settled ona  5150 as choices over here are very limited

plus the 5150 is just awesome.

I dont really like the mesa tone and marshalls, well i love marshalls but they just arent aggressive enough for me

Metal-Assmoney

• Flyweight
Post Your Rig
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 01:22:43 PM »
yeah, 5150s kick ass. i was on a budget and got this, and with the re-tube and re-bias it sounds damn good. plus i love the clean on this, which is something you sacrifice with other high gain heads.

EDIT: You may want to look into the JSX as well as the 5150. its more of my kind of amp, and its really good at what it does. i dig it a lot, its reall fat, rich, and full, and has good clean tone. if i had $1200 to spare, i would own one. trust me.

Transcend

Post Your Rig
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »
Quote from: Metal-Assmoney
yeah, 5150s kick ass. i was on a budget and got this, and with the re-tube and re-bias it sounds damn good. plus i love the clean on this, which is something you sacrifice with other high gain heads.

EDIT: You may want to look into the JSX as well as the 5150. its more of my kind of amp, and its really good at what it does. i dig it a lot, its reall fat, rich, and full, and has good clean tone. if i had $1200 to spare, i would own one. trust me.

i did look into the jsx but they cost far too much here i can get a used 5150/5150II for about £300 here while a used JSX is still about 5-600

_tom_

• Middleweight
Post Your Rig
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 02:23:14 PM »
My main 2 guitars and amp - The strat now has a BK Trilogy in the neck (might change it out for a Slowhand at some point), BG pickups prototype s90 in the middle, and Dimarzio Chopper in the bridge. LP has a set of Mules. The cab now has 2 G12H speakers in it.

And my mic/stand :lol:

TwilightOdyssey

Post Your Rig
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »
Splawn Quick Rod/Kami

Yoshi

Criss

Blue Meanie

Rode NTK

Bunch of Oktava mics

Rivera & Hiwatt Cabs

Roland GR-30/FC-200/VG-88

... and a bunch of pedals, other mics, and assorted gear.

Metal-Assmoney

• Flyweight
Post Your Rig
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 08:32:29 AM »
damn, i woulda thought more than 3 people would like to show off thier gear. i know i do.

Mr Ed

• Welterweight
Re: Post Your Rig
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 08:55:33 AM »
this muthaf*cka has my own blood in the finish.

So, you just copied Steve Vai then?

Soz, but that's not "metal"... it's just weird.

LazyNinja

• Lightweight
Post Your Rig
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »
Yeah I thought of Steve Vai when I read that. I think it's still pretty cool though. It would be even more impressive if someone actually coloured a guitar red with their blood....(DI@YOR, if you try it and hurt yourself Im not responsible!)

Window-Licker

• Flyweight
Post Your Rig
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 09:19:49 AM »
Apply the sun glasses for the garish wallpaper, its actually darker but i couldnt be arsed to setup my camera properly lol.

Setup is as follows, peavey 6505+ head, ibanez 4x12 cab (stock speakers, looking to upgrade to celestions, but it still sounds good) ocasionally use a digitech whammy pedal and mxr super compressor, oh and if you play fast enough the tv even powers up (thats a joke btw) and you can see to the side i have a cheap p-bass for help beefing up recordings.

Recording with a shure sm57, will get another mic in time, also use a line6 toneport ux1 going into an emu 1820m soundcard/io box (will be upgrading to a pro tools 003 rack setup soon :-)

Main guitar is a limited run jackson slsmg, mahogany neck through, flame maple top and peghead veneers and all over binding (looking to get a bone nut installed to match the binding) has a matched set of covered miracle man humbuckers, they were distressed finished, it started to wear out so i painted them matt black (which is also now wearing out)

My second guitar is a dean cadillac select, mahogany with set neck, quilted maple veneer with all over binding, changed the gold hardware out for black which i think pops nicely :-) stock pickups but im looking to install a matched miracle man set of uncovered humbuckers, matching the zebra pattern.

Metal-Assmoney

• Flyweight
Re: Post Your Rig
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 09:21:43 AM »
Quote from: Mr Ed
this muthaf*cka has my own blood in the finish.

So, you just copied Steve Vai then?

Soz, but that's not "metal"... it's just weird.

no, i accidently cut myself on a knife when i was doing the refinish and it soaked into the stain.

JamesHealey

• Welterweight
Post Your Rig
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 09:59:42 AM »
Ibanez SA1260, BKP Nailbomb, DiMarzio Crusier
Splawn Competition, NOS Mullard Pre amp, JJ E34L Power Tubes
Zilla Music 2x12 Cab, 2 x G12H30

^^ Killer Rig, Just simply tone.

maliciousteve

Post Your Rig
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »

trying to sell some of this bloody stuff too  :lol: