Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is There Anyone Into Astrology here?!?!  (Read 21439 times)

38thBeatle

• Middleweight
    • http://www.myspace.com/alteregoukband
Re: Is There Anyone Into Astrology here?!?!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 06:34:28 AM »
Actually I was just going for a cheap laugh with my remark. I don't know enough about astrology to offer an opinion.Being generally open minded, I suspect that at the bottom of it all, there may be something in it- who knows? I certainly don't.
Send three and fourpence we're going to a dance
BKP's: Apache, Country Boy, Slowhands.

Johnny Mac

• Middleweight
    • Ultimate Guitar Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »
Actually I was just going for a cheap laugh with my remark. I don't know enough about astrology to offer an opinion.Being generally open minded, I suspect that at the bottom of it all, there may be something in it- who knows? I certainly don't.

A cushty little number and a load of gullible chicks?

I did think once that if the moon can have an effect on the tides then all those planets may have an effect on the moods of mammals. Who knows? Certainly not Mystic bleedin Meg or her predecessor, the legendary Doris Stokes!
Warpig, MQ,
Miracle Man-Trilogy Suite, Cold Sweats, Black Guards, Rebel Yells & Irish Tours!

With Full Distortion

• Bantamweight
  • With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 01:11:13 AM »
Hey guys...
lets do it different
Tell me your zodiacal signs.
and il tell a little about it.
Astrology came first, then Astronomy.
Its nt about the Oracle or predict something, but its about using Astrology as a Powerfull tool, to know yourself and develop your qualities. Also know how to deal with your Weak Points
Its like a S.W.O.T Analisys of your OWN Self.
Q: p
I get pretty well with most people from the following Zodiacal Signs : Gemini, Taurus, Scorpio, Libra , Cancer, Pisces.
More or less well with Leo, Sagitarius, Aquarius, Capricorn, Virgo. And i dont get well With Aries AT ALL.

(I STILL CANīT BELIEVE THAT THERE ISNT ONE SINGLE ASTROLOGUE OR SOMEONE INTO IT HERE. AHAHHAAH ) to be considered A Classic Native of any of the following 12 signs, you should have the same sign at your moon and Sun. or sun and ascendant. or ALl three
The Solar Sign is the one that you were born under it. for an example : Jack was born under the sign of Gemini. His Sun is in Gemini.   
Now the example of a Classic profile of Gemini : Sun in Gemini, Moon in gemini, ascendant in libra.  Or Sun In Gemini, Moon in scorpio And ascendant in Gemini.

Im a Classic Profile of the sign of... (i wont tell ahahaha you will have to guess)

The Moon means the way you Deal With your emotions. and the Ascendant is the your PEOPLE See You. Its kinda your Clothes. Inside it, theres your real sign.

Every Zodiacal Chart has 12 houses. 12 signs. and some aspects formed by angles.
and so goes..
And, theres the planets : Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Venus, Sun, Moon(sun and moon are considered like planets, but they are liminaires)Pluto, Mercuryo, and the new one, chiron.
Each Planet governs and has similar characteristics than the signs. and then the houses , every one of the 12 ones, has their one meaning.

Ah, and theres 4 Ellementals

Fire, Air, Water, Earth.
Fire Signs are : Aries, Leo, Sagitarius
Air Signs are : Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Water Signs are : Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Earth Signs are : Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn.

more info here www.astro.com.

JP

With Full Distortion

• Bantamweight
  • With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
    • Youtube
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 01:15:30 AM »
AH, i forgot two things, one funny and one totally off OFF TOPIC
ahahahahah

1 -Well, i do enjoy females of the following Zodiacal Signs : Gemini, Virgo, Scorpio, Cancer, Capricorn, Taurus, Pisces, Leo, Libra, Aquarius, .. i dont like Aries and Sagitarius Girls . but if they arenīt classic Aries or Sagitarius Girls, maybe ill think about it.
Ah, that was in that very particular Order.

2 -  is there anyone parting ways with a Nailbomb Neck ??? If not, please, could someone post an ADD at seconds out saying that you are interested in buying a NB NECK ?? then you can adress the contact TO ME. Q: p

Hails
JP
Thanks in Advance.

shobet

• Welterweight
  • Look into my eye...
    • http://www.dusksky.com
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 08:24:56 AM »

Only if you're excluding everything apart but Babylonian derived sources. Hmm what about the South Americans?

Im a Classic Profile of the sign of... (i wont tell ahahaha you will have to guess)

Were you born under the sign of the Phallus?
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary.
Those who do and those who do not.

MDV

• Middleweight
  • If it sounds good it IS good
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »

And drilling holes in peoples heads to let out the demons causing a headache came before asprin.

MrBump

• Welterweight
  • Essex! Home of the Brave!!!
    • This Is Essex
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »

And drilling holes in peoples heads to let out the demons causing a headache came before asprin.

To be fair, Mark, I think that we still do that...
BKPs Past and Present - Nailbombs, Mules, Blackguard Flat 50's, VHII's & Trilogy Suite with Neck & Bridge Baseplates!

MDV

• Middleweight
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
Trephenation to release evil spirits with a drill when you get a headache? I'm pretty sure the reasons for us drilling holes in skulls are a little more valid now! (Though I bet people didnt get headaches as often then! 'Whats wrong with you' 'Nothing!' 'You sure, you look a bit peaky' 'I'm fine, put the saw down!').

There are plenty more you could say anyway, like flat earth came before heliocentricity and four humours came before DNA and so on. Point is older isnt more valid, thats all.

Theres a good clip from a thing that dawkins did a while ago called 'Enemies of reason', I believe, where he confounded an astrologer by mixing up the star signs and then giving out the advice and seeing whether people felt it fit them - the reading for a random star sign was rated as about as accurate as the readings that were for their sign, and the astrologer, blissfully ignorant of the nature of intellectually honest investigation that he just saw, considered it 'perverse' and whined that they didnt include the moon phase, or something. Its quite amusing, I'll see if I can find it on youtube when I get home.

MrBump

• Welterweight
  • Essex! Home of the Brave!!!
    • This Is Essex
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 11:58:09 AM »
OK, I was being glib.

;)

But it's all about modelling, I reckon - in the dark ages, there was a model of demonic possession, or witchcraft, or "God", or whatever that was used to describe things that couldn't easily be understood that were encounted in their daily lives.  Drilling holes in heads might have relieved symptoms that weren't understood, therefore "demons" were released from the body.

The "theory" behind the model might suck, but the end result might be useful.  Like cognitive psychology - you're less concerned with what goes on inside the black box of the mind, more about the input and output...

Although I'm not saying that Astrology is useful in any way whatsoever!!!  Just playing devils advocate.
BKPs Past and Present - Nailbombs, Mules, Blackguard Flat 50's, VHII's & Trilogy Suite with Neck & Bridge Baseplates!

Afghan Dave

• Welterweight
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »
... its about using Astrology as a Powerfull tool, to know yourself and develop your qualities. Also know how to deal with your Weak Points
Its like a S.W.O.T Analisys of your OWN Self.

"There's more knowledge on these boards than there are necks under PhillyQ's bed"

nfe

• Welterweight
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 12:44:34 PM »
Cold reading, lies, manipulation and theft from gullible folks, is all.

MDV

• Middleweight
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 06:16:14 PM »
OK, I was being glib.

;)

But it's all about modelling, I reckon - in the dark ages, there was a model of demonic possession, or witchcraft, or "God", or whatever that was used to describe things that couldn't easily be understood that were encounted in their daily lives.  Drilling holes in heads might have relieved symptoms that weren't understood, therefore "demons" were released from the body.

The "theory" behind the model might suck, but the end result might be useful.  Like cognitive psychology - you're less concerned with what goes on inside the black box of the mind, more about the input and output...

Although I'm not saying that Astrology is useful in any way whatsoever!!!  Just playing devils advocate.

I know dude, I know, just cant help myself :lol:

Anywho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMiKrwCRQ0

Dave Sloven

• Welterweight
    • Get our album here (alnico Black Hawks)
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2019, 07:57:59 AM »
NECROBUMP BLYAT

... for the record, I think astrology is a load of old bollocks ...
BLACK HAWKS
IMPULSES
COBRA-T
WAR PIGS
STOCKHOLM
COLD SWEATS
MIRACLE MAN
TRUE GRIT

https://slovendoom.bandcamp.com/releases