Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Song "Targets of Opportunity" Folk metal with non-djent Juggernaut content  (Read 7365 times)

Yellowjacket

• Lightweight
This is the first in a number of songs I am working on with my friend for his concept album.   The guitar tones are an Ibanez Fujigen RG7421 (With Juggernauts) Through a Revv Generator 120 mkII.

There is minimal guitar EQ.  Basically, high and low pass, as well as an automated mid cut for when the vocals come in. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHIXh1RQhbg

fdesalvo

• Featherweight
    • Frank DeSalvo's Music on Soundcloud
Left a comment on the video. Love it! A fresher man-o-war feel with some Iron Maiden interlude spice   Makes me want to grab a cold beer and broadsword.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 09:39:52 PM by fdesalvo »

Yellowjacket

• Lightweight
Left a comment on the video. Love it! A fresher man-o-war feel with some Iron Maiden interlude spice   Makes me want to grab a cold beer and broadsword.

Thanks so much!!  Ya, we're really trying to do something more original and it's really fun!  I finally got the second song mixed and we're planning the next two!  I posted it in another thread.
It's kind of man-o-war / iron maiden but there are some very 'classical' structures and features too: Notably, a fugal exposition at the beginning as well as countrapuntal vocal / lead guitar parts.