Username: Password:

Author Topic: Zakk Wylde  (Read 2220 times)

Ted

  • Lightweight
  • ***
  • Posts: 773
Zakk Wylde
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 10:55:59 AM »
I like the original video up to 50 seconds, after that its loses its effect.

Will

  • Welterweight
  • ****
  • Posts: 2599
Zakk Wylde
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »
Quote from: Ted
I like the original video up to 50 seconds, after that its loses its effect.


Quote from: noodleplugerine


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsYVr1Q9xyA

Superb song.



Completely agree to both of those.

kellar

  • Lightweight
  • ***
  • Posts: 691
Zakk Wylde
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 01:09:24 PM »
Not sure what you mean by that. I think it is a tremendous display of melody and power, something most guitar players do not use effectively together. I do wish Zakk would do more blues inspired stuff but that doesn't make what he is doing any worse than what it really is. The guy is a living guitar legend. Incredible talent.
Calibrated IV Mules, Stormy Monday/Riff Raff

Philly Q

  • Light Heavyweight
  • ******
  • Posts: 18109
Zakk Wylde
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 01:49:29 PM »
I still think Pride & Glory's the best thing he's done, although I haven't heard all the BLS stuff.

He's a lot more complex than the "beer-guzzling bear" image he likes to portray, that's for sure.
BKPs I've Got:  RR, BKP-91, ITs, VHII, CS set, Emeralds
BKPs I Had:  RY+Abraxas, Crawlers, BD+SM

HTH AMPS

  • Middleweight
  • *****
  • Posts: 5649
    • HTH AMPS
Zakk Wylde
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 06:54:44 PM »
Quote from: Philly Q
I still think Pride & Glory's the best thing he's done, although I haven't heard all the BLS stuff.

He's a lot more complex than the "beer-guzzling bear" image he likes to portray, that's for sure.


+1, the P&G stuff was great but it obviously didn't have a market.

Mr Ed

  • Welterweight
  • ****
  • Posts: 1128
Zakk Wylde
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »
Zakk has all the technical skill in the world but he lacks one important thing - humility.

Too many pinchies, he needs to tone it down and learn to hold back a bit. I had the same criticism against Nuno for years until the Dramagods album dropped and he actually had some melodic stuff on there and it was a pleasure to hear.

noodleplugerine

  • Welterweight
  • ****
  • Posts: 3869
Zakk Wylde
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 04:46:45 PM »
Quote from: Mr Ed
Zakk has all the technical skill in the world but he lacks one important thing - humility.

Too many pinchies, he needs to tone it down and learn to hold back a bit. I had the same criticism against Nuno for years until the Dramagods album dropped and he actually had some melodic stuff on there and it was a pleasure to hear.


Check out some of the videos in this thread - There's all the modesty and humility of a brilliantly melodic guitarist in there...

Its no suprise he doesn't play like that for Ozzy :P
My last FM.
ESP Horizon NTII.
ESP Viper Camo.
ENGL Screamer.