Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pickup recommendations for Mayones Regius  (Read 6981 times)

RobAbrams84

• Flyweight
  • BKPs:
Re: Pickup recommendations for Mayones Regius
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2021, 05:30:19 PM »
Well after all of this craziness, I've gone back to the True Grits.  It's been over a month now and they're going to stay; the moral of the story is that you should just listen to Tim from the beginning!  These were his first recommendation for me. 

Caveat that the Suhr SSV is still my favorite neck humbucker of all time, and I may try pairing it with the True Grit bridge, but the True Grit set is working really nicely for me right now.  I liked the Holydivers a lot, but in the end they were too compressed for my liking, which I didn't always notice until playing at full volume with the band for a while.

Dave Sloven

• Welterweight
    • Get our album here (alnico Black Hawks)
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2021, 11:24:35 AM »
This thread inspired me to order a True Grit 53mm open coil bridge humbucker for my Schecter C-1 Blackjack SLS FR-S that originally had a Seymour Duncan Full Shred in it.

The fact that it is between the Emerald, Black Dog, and Holy Diver was especially appealing to me for this guitar, which has become my '80s guitar (tuned to Eb)
BLACK HAWKS
IMPULSES
COBRA-T
WAR PIGS
STOCKHOLM
COLD SWEATS
MIRACLE MAN
TRUE GRIT

https://slovendoom.bandcamp.com/releases

ericsabbath

• Welterweight
    • Colidium
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2021, 01:10:05 PM »
This thread inspired me to order a True Grit 53mm open coil bridge humbucker for my Schecter C-1 Blackjack SLS FR-S that originally had a Seymour Duncan Full Shred in it.

The fact that it is between the Emerald, Black Dog, and Holy Diver was especially appealing to me for this guitar, which has become my '80s guitar (tuned to Eb)

sounds like a win indeed
Riff Raff, Mules, Black Dog, VHII's, Cold Sweat

RobAbrams84

• Flyweight
  • BKPs:
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2021, 09:29:05 PM »
I'm still happy with the True Grits, and we have our first gig since the pandemic on Sunday, so I'm stoked!  I'll be playing only this guitar, almost all 90s, 2000s, and 2010s harder rock and alternative.  Should be fun, though it's an outdoor gig and I never know how the mix sounds to people when playing outside.

b.gandt

• Flyweight
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2021, 03:21:54 AM »
 How’d the gig go with the True Grit?

RobAbrams84

• Flyweight
  • BKPs:
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2021, 04:06:59 AM »
It went really well!  Unfortunately due to the rise in new COVID-19 variants and "breakthrough" infections, the other two gigs that we had booked are cancelled.  I don't know when we'll get to gig consistently again...

I also don't know when we'll have good videos edited from that gig, but the bass player's wife snapped a picture of when my toddler ran up and started head banging (and demanding my guitar):

b.gandt

• Flyweight
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2021, 11:13:43 PM »
Digging on Pop's rocking!   :cool: