Username: Password:

Author Topic: Disappointed (Now happy :p)  (Read 5745 times)

Lew

Re: Disappointed (Now happy :p)
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2009, 06:57:47 PM »
Another happy ending.

ah, I wondered what Felines 'extra special set-up' was :orcass:

dave_mc

• Middleweight
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »
^ OMG... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amen to that!!

Rampant unjustified self-belief = stupidity and narcissism fail
Knowing what youre doing = win

:D :drink:

My own approach is having a high level of competence, and natural but understated confidence that matches the competence.
I still have the passion for what I do, and 20+ years of experience, but I can't see any use for arrogance in my life

Having a good stock of parts and a great selection of tools to do the job is vitally important if you are a professional
I take every job I do totally seriously
I try to never put down another luthier/tech/whatever, although I may comment on how a job has been done.
Knocking others does not make you seem any better - it gives customers a funny vibe and reflects just as badly on yourself.

as mark said, that's a good attitude to have. :) I don't have a problem with confidence if it's well-founded, but as you say, arrogance is never a great trait to have, in my opinion, anyway. Though, as mark also said, if someone has done a clearly shoddy job, they deserve to be called on it, as it may prevent future customers from being ripped off.

Sorbz62

• Junior Flyweight
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »
In the early 80s I had a Bernie Rico late 70s BC Rich Mockingbird just like Slash uses now.   It had a badas fixed bridge and I wanted a Floyd Rose or Kahler trem.  So I took it to a 'famous' guitar shop in Denmark Street who fitted a Kahler.  Awesome I thought - until I got it home and found it wasn't stright and the strings were not parallel to the neck!!!   I was absolutely p***ed off. I toojk it back and they wouldn't reimburse or change it.  So I went back that night with a can of petrol and burnt the shop down ........ that bit's not true but I wanted to do it!!!   I took the BC to a humble gezer just down the road who had to spend a long time re-installing it.  Cost me a fortune in the end.

Said first guy ahs now gone bust ........  Thanks God!!

Btw I've still got the BC ... bought it 1980 for 300 and it has now been valued at 2500!!!!  Yay!!

Jim